Growth in the Greenhouse 2016

January 19 – Planted potatoes in pots in the greenhouse as an experiment—4 pots of Burbank Russet and 4 pots of Yukon Gem. I had been pre-sprouting them in paper bags in the house since early December. I saved some of the seed potatoes for planting outside later.

January 20, 21 – Sam sprayed the orchard trees with dormant oil. I released another load of ladybugs into the greenhouse.

January 22 – Sam and I moved the small English walnut tree to a new location at the orchard. We put it near the smaller jujube where a small apple used to be because there is more room there and water to the spot. I sprayed the fruit trees at the house with dormant oil.

January 25 – I trimmed all of the lower leaves off of the Brussels sprouts plants in the greenhouse to encourage growth of the sprouts themselves.

February 6 – I planted a new crop of lettuce seeds in a Speedling flat in the greenhouse.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *